It is a legal requirement for companies to ensure that their websites and services are accessible for disabled users. Accessibility is about granting anyone, at anytime, on any device access to your website which includes those users with disabilities. We recognise that a percentage of the population have some kind of disability and that they can make up a percentage of your website audience, in which case they may have problems accessing your website or services; by not meeting their needs, you could be ignoring a percentage of your customers. Accessibility is the methodology of helping to rectify aspects of a website which may make it inaccessible to users who are partially sighted, hard of hearing, dyslexic, or mobility impaired, as well as increasing search engine optimisation.
- Identifies areas of your website that contravene accessibility guidelines
- Identifies key areas of difficulty and confusion within your websites content, structure, design and interactive features
- Delivers actionable recommendations which will improve the online user experience for people with disabilities
- Incorporates accessibility within your online customer experience strategy
- Identifies compliance levels against accessibility standards
- Creates better designed products which are more useful for improving customer uptake and satisfaction.